The purpose of this document is to outline the behaviors and practices that you are required to uphold for the duration of the in-person Summit. Please note that for the duration of the in-person Summit, you will be representing BridgeUSA and your conduct and behavior must be representative of the BridgeUSA principles, mindset, and values. The duration of the Summit is inclusive of travel to and from the Summit, while present at the Summit, and any activities that occur outside of the Summit’s venue.
This document is not exhaustive and is subject to change at the discretion of the BridgeUSA Executive Team. If there are any changes made to this document, you will be notified immediately. Please read the entirety of this document carefully.
Failure to uphold the behaviors and guidelines outlined in this document will result in your removal from the Summit at your own expense. This means that you will be required to take the first flight or other means of transportation to go back to your school upon violation of one of the behaviors and/or guidelines listed below. You will also be subject to other potential disciplinary actions at the discretion of the BridgeUSA Executive Team.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Makenzie Tyson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The BridgeUSA Summit will take place February 10-12, 2023. I understand that I must attend the Summit for its entirety, unless I receive written permission.
- The deadline for all Summit cancellations and changes is Friday, November 4th. After that date, I am responsible for a $120 cancellation fee for the costs of flight and hotel bookings.
- I acknowledge that I am responsible for paying the standard $30 fee as well as any other fees incurred in the case that I cancel or change my flight.
- I will engage in all Summit activities and be an active participant.
- I will be respectful of my peers and other members of the community and my actions will align with the BridgeUSA Mindset and Norms of Discussion.
- I will not be intoxicated and/or be hungover at any of the Summit activities.
- I will not engage in underage drinking or provide alcohol for attendees or other members of the community that are not of legal drinking age.
- I will not bring and/or store alcohol in any of the hotel rooms.
- I will be respectful of property and will leave places better than I found them.
- I acknowledge that if I damage any materials or damage the hotel room, property, or anything else that I will be subject to pay for any and all damages.
- I acknowledge that if I order room service or solicit any other hotel services that it is my responsibility to pay for any charges and fees associated with it.
- I acknowledge that any tips or housekeeping services are my responsibility to pay for any charges and fees associated with it.
- I acknowledge that any transportation costs associated with travel to and from the airport to the hotel, or to and from another location, is my responsibility to pay for any charges and fees associated with it.
- I will uphold all federal, state, local, and hotel laws and policies.
- I will bring the proper attire, which is business casual for official programming, and casual clothing for social outings.I understand that failure to abide by any of these agreements may result in my removal from the Summit, the involvement of local authorities, or other disciplinary actions at the discretion of the BridgeUSA Executive Team.